How do I auto-log phone calls in my Android mobile app? I want to see them in the activity logs.
Tracking interactions with prospects and customers is important, but it can be tedious. The auto-log phone calls feature, available on Android, helps alleviate that problem. Any call you place or receive on your Android device is logged, as long as the ProsperWorks app is installed and the the phone number is associated to a record in ProsperWorks.
(This feature is not currently available for the iOS version of our app.)
You'll start by turning on call auto-logging:
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Android app.
- Open up your ProsperWorks app, and log in.
- Click the 'More' link in the bottom navigation bar:
- Select 'Apps.'
- Enable 'Phone Call Tracking.'
- Accept the required permissions.
Now that you've activated the feature, let's see how it works to log calls in your activity logs:
Once this feature is enabled, you'll notice that calls placed to or received from contacts whose phone number is stored in ProsperWorks will appear in the activity log section, noting the length of the call. Note that the phone number format needs to match exactly what stored in ProsperWorks. These activity logs can be edited to include any notes you wish to add.
1. Click the phone number on the profile of the person you'd like to call.
2. Click the option to call them from the menu at the bottom of the app:
3. This will call the customer. After your conversation, voicemail or hangup, you'll see a record of the call in the activity log for the person record:
There are a few important things to note about this feature:
- Auto-logging phone calls does not currently work with third party VoIP services such as Google Voice, RingCentral or Dialpad.
- If you need an iOS solution, JustCall built an integration with us and ProsperWorks users. Click here to get a 20% discount.
You may need to troubleshoot this feature. We have some tips for you below:
If you're unable to see any outgoing or incoming calls logged automatically, take the following steps to troubleshoot:
- Make sure you follow the steps here to enable Auto-Call logging.
- Install any updates from the Play Store.
- Log out of your Google account, and log in again. Then restart the mobile app.
- Make sure you have all the required mobile app permissions. Go to your device Settings > Applications > Application Manager> ProsperWorks > App Permissions (the location of this screen may vary according to device or OS version). You want to make sure your settings look like this:
- Make sure the outgoing or incoming phone number exists in ProsperWorks. A quick way to check this is by doing a global search on the phone number in the ProsperWorks app:
If no such contact exists, then that would explain why there was no call logged. Add the phone number to the appropriate contact (or create a new contact) in ProsperWorks and try placing the call again.
- Make sure the outgoing or incoming phone number and name are identical to the one saved in your ProsperWorks contact.
- Sometimes network latency or connectivity issues may result in the call log taking a while to appear. Try doing a manual pull-to-refresh in the contact’s Activity details to see if the log appears.
- If none of the above steps work, please contact Customer Support here.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.