You have two options for how to create tasks: You can manually create tasks or, if your workflow is predictable, you may want tasks created automatically after a certain action takes place. This is done with automated actions.
In this module, we'll cover the following:
Understand Automated Actions:
You can think of automated actions as an if/then statement. If a certain action takes place, then a follow-up task should be created.
For example, let's say every time a lead is created in your workflow, a phone call should be made to that contact within a certain amount of time.
You could create an automated action to assign a task to the record owner after the lead is created. This task would be a phone call activity type. Check out the video below to see this play out:
Before you create automated actions, you'll want to ask yourself some questions to help define how you'll use them.
1. Write down your business cycle as it moves through ProsperWorks.
For example, let's say you:
create a lead
qualify the lead
convert the lead to a person
offer that person a demo of your product
give that person a free trial of your product
sign a contract
launch custom onboarding
2. Are there parts of your business cycle that require a follow-up task? Circle those in the list.
3. Take the circled items and turn them into if/then statements.
If a lead is created, then create a task to schedule a phone call in which the record owner can qualify the lead.
If a person is created from lead conversion, then create a task to schedule a meeting to demo the product to them.
If an opportunity status is changed to Contract Sent, then create a task to schedule a phone call to reach out for custom onboarding.
It's also important to note that if you have multiple pipelines, certain automated action triggers will impact all pipelines at once while others can be pipeline-specific. To learn more about creating automated actions with multiple pipelines, click here.
Once you know which automated actions you want to create, your next step will be to set them up. Just follow the steps below:
1. Sign into your ProsperWorks account and click 'Settings' on the lefthand menu.
2. Scroll down to the 'Customize ProsperWorks' section and click 'Automated Actions.'
3. Click the blue 'Add New' button.
4. Enter the name of your automated action in the required 'Name' field and click 'Next.'
In this next section, we'll create an if/then statement. If this action takes place, then create this follow-up task.
5. In the 'Entity' drop-down menu, you choose who or what the initial action relates to. More specifically, you'll select person, company, opportunity, project or lead.
6. In the 'Trigger' drop-down menu, you'll choose what happens to the entity to result in a follow-up task being created. The options are slightly different depending on what you selected in the previous 'Entity' field. Make your selection in the 'Trigger' field and click 'Next.'
In this final section of the automated action template, you'll define the task that gets created as the result of what you set up in section 2.
7. The only required field to fill out in section 3 is the 'Task Name.' You can optionally fill out the remaining fields like 'Activity Type', 'Owner' and 'Due Date.'
8. Click the blue 'Save Automated Action' button at the bottom of the page when you're finished.
Need some inspiration for which advanced automations to create? Check out this article.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.