Tasks are individual actions assigned to you or your teammates. You might use them to organize your day, to keep important things from slipping, or to bring deadlines to your team’s attention.
In this article, we'll tackle the following:
Here are some important things to understand about tasks:
- A task is a single action with a deadline.
- A task might be a to-do, a phone call or a meeting. This is indicated in the task's 'Activity Type' field. You can add custom activity types.
- Tasks can be related to lead, person, company, opportunity or project record.
- When a task is associated with an opportunity record, a task indicator light lets you know if the opportunity has outstanding tasks as you move it through the pipeline.
- You can sync tasks to your Google Calendar for ease of scheduling.
- You can create tasks manually or automate the creation of tasks with automated actions.
- By default, tasks are visible to all users in your account. You can change the default visibility so your tasks are 'private,' meaning they're only seen by you and account admins.
Tasks can be created on the fly, so you can be spontaneous around why you need to create them. If you want to automate your tasks, check out the 'Define your workflow' section of the module on automated actions for help brainstorming your automated tasks workflow.
Each user can choose personal task settings:
1. Sign into your ProsperWorks account, and click the 'Settings' link in the left-hand menu.
2. Under 'Preferences,' click 'My Preferences.'
3. Check the box to 'Make my tasks visible to others by default.' If this is unchecked, only the user and all system admins can see the user's tasks.
4. Check the box to 'Automatically set reminders on tasks with due dates.' If you check this box, you'll then decide whether this reminder comes a day or two days before the task comes due. When you set the due date in the task template during task creation, the 'Reminder' field will automatically populate for you based on this setting:
Follow the steps below:
1. Sign into your ProsperWorks account and click the 'Tasks' icon from the Menu.
2. Click the blue 'Add New' button.
3. You're only required to give the task a name to start. You can choose to fill out the rest of the default fields:
Let's look at each of these additional fields
Activity Type: This tells you what the task requires. 'To Do' activity types can be used for internal reminders for yourself or to follow up with team members. The other activity types (i.e. Phone Call, Meeting, etc) can be used to track interactions with clients. When you complete the task, you have the option to log the activity and add notes. This allows you to simultaneously complete the task and log the activity in one workflow. To learn more about customizing this feature and using it to pull meaningful data, click here.
Related To: Choose a lead, person, company, opportunity or project this task is for.
Due Date: Set the date and time when this task should be complete.
Owner: The ProsperWorks User who owns this task. This is typically the person who should execute the task.
Reminder: If you'd like to receive a reminder that your task needs work before it's due, set the date and time you'd like this sent.
Priority: Options are none or high. This determines the urgency of the task.
Description: Any additional notes you'd like to add to move this task forward.
Visibility: Who can see this task? Options are: Everyone, teams, individuals or only me.
Tags: Add a tag that's already in your workflow. This can be used for reporting later on.
Make your additional field selections.
4. Click 'Save.'
Once a task has been created, the resulting record looks like this:
You'll see all your tasks listed down the center of the 'Tasks' page (highlighted in red at center). If you click on a task's name, you'll see its details and notes (highlighted in red on the right). You can @mention colleagues and multi-select filter the activity log for the task in the notes section.