ProsperWorks helps you organize your sales process. The center of that process is known as your pipeline. This represents the steps involved in closing a sale.
In this module, we'll tackle the following:
Understand the Pipeline
Your pipeline is represented in stages. These are the steps involved in closing the business deal. How you define those stages depends on your use case.
For example, if you’re a traditional Sales company, your Pipeline might look like this:
Qualified → Follow-Up → Presentation → Contract Sent → Negotiation
If you’re instead using a CRM for business development, your Pipeline might look like this:
First Meeting → Partner Meeting → Negotiation → Term Sheet
Or maybe you’re a recruitment firm, and your Pipeline looks like this:
Phone Interview → First In-Person Interview → Second In-Person Interview → Reference Check → Offer Letter
Once you create your pipeline stages, you’ll move business opportunities through each stage as illustrated below:
Before we define and create those business opportunity records, let’s set up your pipeline.
Define your pipeline stages
To determine the stages of your pipeline, start by writing down the steps in your sales cycle from start to finish.
- What is the common starting point for each opportunity?
- What are the key stages a sale will pass through?
- What does the conclusion of a business deal look like?
If you think you'll need more than one pipeline, no problem! You can create multiple pipelines, move opportunities between pipelines, and customize fields to only appear on opportunities when they're in a certain pipeline.
Create your Pipeline
- Sign into your ProsperWorks account and click the gear icon known as System Settings.
- Under the Customize ProsperWorks section, choose Pipeline.
- Click ‘Create New Pipeline.’ Here’s where it gets creative.
- In the blank field next to ‘Stage Name,’ enter a stage in your sale cycle.
6. Below ‘Win Probability %,” you’ll enter the likelihood of winning this business deal or just getting from this stage to the final stage in your pipeline. An opportunity in the first stage of your pipeline will have a lower probability of winning when compared to an opportunity that you have moved through your pipeline to the final stages.
7. Click ‘Save’ when you’re finished.
8. Repeat this until you've created all of your stages.