A primary contact is the main contact for a company or opportunity. In this article, we'll look at how to update and maintain each.
Update the primary contact for an opportunity
To select or edit a primary contact for an opportunity, follow the steps below:
- Sign into your ProsperWorks account, and click 'Opportunities.'
- Click an opportunity from the pipeline.
- In the Details column that appears for that opportunity at the right, click the 'Primary Contact' and search for the name of the new one. If the contact you'd like to change it to isn't in the system yet, choose the option to create a new contact.
Once you've updated the primary contact, the related section of the opportunity will automatically reflect the change.
Update the Primary Contact for a Company
Changing the primary contact for a company is a different process.
- Sign into your ProsperWorks account and click 'Companies' from the lefthand menu.
- Click the name of the company you'd like to change the contact for.
- Click the 'Related' in-page tab on the left side of the company record. Here, Harry is the primary contact simply because his name appears at the top of the list. To make Janice the primary contact, we need to delete Harry from the list of contacts, then re-add him.
4. Hover over the name of the existing primary contact and click the 'X' to the right.
5. You will see a lightbox appear confirming what you'd like to do. Click 'Remove.'
Now Janice is the primary contact simply because she was second on the list and moved to first.
6. To re-add the previous contact as a secondary contact, click the '+' to the right of the primary contact.
7. Enter the name of the contact in the 'Add Contact' line and add the existing contact or create a new user if they're not in the system yet.
In this example, Janice is still the primary contact because she's listed first. Harry has been returned to the list. Because of the order in which we entered him, he is no longer the primary contact.