ProsperWorks Global Search makes it easy to search across all leads, people, companies, opportunities, projects and tasks for the record you need. Search is different from filtering because search typically helps you find a single, targeted record, whereas the end-goal of filtering shows you a list of records meeting the criteria you've specified.
Understand ProsperWorks Global Search
Global search is available at the top of the ProsperWorks web app across all views. You can search for a keyword or a system/custom field value.
Search will show suggested results as you type. You can expand to see all results. Suggested results will be grouped by record type (leads, people, companies, opportunities, projects and tasks) and will display 5 of each record type.
You can view "all results" by clicking Enter on your keyboard, or by clicking the first result, which says "view all results."
Additionally, you can add the entity type to your search terms to narrow your results. For example, if you are searching for a Company called 'Acme Inc,' searching 'Acme Inc company' will display company results that match 'Acme Inc.' For a list of other criteria you can narrow your search by, click here.
Searching within the Chrome Gmail Extension will provide grouped result suggestions, however if you view 'all results,' the full list will be opened automatically within the web app. Searching within the mobile app will not group the results by record type.
Run a search
- Sign into your ProsperWorks account.
- Click inside of the search bar located at the top of the screen. You'll notice your most recent search results displayed below the search bar when you do. This helps you return to content easily:
- Start to type in your search term. You'll see results start to populate below the search bar and are grouped by entity. Search will also bring the most relevant results up first.
- If you see the result you are searching for, click on it to view it.
- If you don't see the result you are searching for, or you want to see all results, you can either hit the 'Enter' key on your keyboard, or click on the 'See All Results' link right below the search bar. Additionally, you can narrow your search by typing in the entity type in the search bar (ex. "company: Acme Inc").
- If you are viewing 'All Results' you can filter by entity type to narrow down your search.
- You can pre-filter your search by typing the entity type, followed by a colon and the search term. For example, you can search for "People: John", and only records for people with the name John will appear.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.