If you want to invite your contacts to meet or chat with you, our Google Calendar sync has you covered. You can sync calendar events from ProsperWorks to Google Calendar so your schedule is managed in one place.
In this module, we'll tackle the following:
If you're using our Gmail integration, you can create Google Calendar events from within a ProsperWorks record (leads, people, companies or opportunities). These will be sent as a Google Calendar invitation to the contacts associated with that record.
Updates to your calendar event are 2-way synced. This means an update made to the event in ProsperWorks will sync and update the event in Google Calendar, and vice versa.
ProsperWorks will also automatically sync any events, both past and present, in your Google Calendar back to ProsperWorks as long as it recognizes the email address associated with a lead, person, company or opportunity.
Anyone with access to the record will see the calendar event listed in the left-hand column of that record. However, you must be an invited guest to the calendar event in order to open it up in Google Calendar.
Google Calendar Events can be seen by everyone on the invitee list. That means if you create a Google Calendar Event from a ProsperWorks record (lead, person, company or opportunity), the contact associated with that record will see your event.
If you instead want to create a to-do for yourself only, which is not seen by the contact associated with the record, you can sync a task instead.
There are a few things that must be in place for this Google Calendar Sync to work:
- The contact associated with the ProsperWorks record must have an email address on file.
- You must be linking this event to the the Gmail account associated with your ProsperWorks account. (Navigate to Settings > Company Users to see which Gmail address is associated with your profile).
- The calendar event must occur within 31 days.
When you're ready to create and sync a calendar event, follow the steps below:
- Sign into your ProsperWorks account, and select the record you want to create a calendar event from (leads, people, companies or opportunities) in the left-hand menu.
- Click on a specific record (lead, person, company or opportunity) from the list view.
- In the right-hand column of the record's profile, click the plus sign to the right of the 'Calendar Events' section:
- You'll be redirected to a Google Calendar Event form: There are a few things to note here:
- The name of the event will be auto-populated as 'Meeting with [name of record].'
- The event time will be set to all day.
- Be sure to make edits to these and any other settings before you send the invite.
- Make your edits to the Google Calendar Event form, and click 'Save.' This will result in the event being displayed on your Google Calendar as well as the Google Calendar of anyone you've invited: