Please import Companies first, followed by People, and then Opportunities. You can import Leads at any time.
- We only support importing with an Excel or CSV file. We do not support special characters.
- If you have team and visibility permissions on, only administrators can import files
- We do not have update on import yet
- ProTip: Do a test import with 5 records first
- If you are exporting from another service, please follow these steps instead: click here
Step by step instructions1 - Click on the Menu icon located at the top left corner.
2 - Select System Settings
3 - Navigate to Import Data under Data Management.
4 - Select the data type you want to import. If you are importing from another CRM, please open up the files and delete the IDs, timestamps and other columns you do not need. If you are importing special characters, you can only import Excel files, not CSV.
6 - If you do not have a file to import, or prefer to copy/paste data into our templates, click on the pre-formatted CSV/Excel template to download our data import template. Otherwise, skip to step 9.
7 - Open the template you just downloaded, copy and paste your data into the file and save.
8 - Go back to the Import page.
10 - You will then be given the option to match your data with the ProsperWorks hard-coded fields or your custom fields, if you have already made them. For basic things, like name, address, etc. scroll down through the options to see if it exists before creating a custom field.
12 - ProsperWorks will let you know of any errors so you can fix them on-the-fly by clicking Fix
13 - Fix any errors by clicking on the -> arrow in the middle to edit and select Save
14 - Select Continue Import.
15 - Under the import summary, you can rename the import. Click Submit Import to start the import.
16 - You will be taken back to the Import data page where you can see the status of your import (ie. you will see the label “initializing” and once the import starts a progress bar.) When your import is complete you will have the option to see the Summary of the records created.
17. Made a mistake? Go back to System Settings --> Import Data and click Revert Import, which will delete the import records from ProsperWorks. Wait up to 10 minutes before re-importing data.
18. Still confused about what a CRM is, or how to use our system? Join our webinars and Q&A sessions here (will ask to log in).
If you have more questions about using ProsperWorks, check out our helpful Resource Section!
For further help or comments, head over to our Community Section!