Since we're committed to helping you keep your workflow simple, we created a ProsperWorks Chrome Extension for Gmail and Inbox. It's essentially a ProsperWorks app that sits on the right side of your Gmail or Inbox account, letting you work from two systems in a single place. This is great for teams who manage communication in Gmail and manage contacts in ProsperWorks.
This is what the Chrome extension looks like in your Gmail inbox:
If you don't use Chrome or if you prefer to use Gmail on your Android phone, check out our ProsperWorks Add-on for Gmail instead.
In this module, we'll tackle the following:
If you're instead looking to answer a question you don't think applies here, check out our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) article about the Chrome Extension for Gmail.
The ProsperWorks Chrome Extension for Gmail gives you full management of records (leads, people, companies, opportunities, projects and tasks) and email tracking (available on Professional and Business subscriptions) - just like you have in the ProsperWorks web app. You can also do things you can't do in the web app, like filter your Gmail inbox for emails associated with a ProsperWorks record. You do need to head back to the web app to visualize your pipeline, check your in-app reports or adjust account settings.
If you want a quick and easy overview of the extension, check out this video:
As we can see in the images of the menu bars below, the Chrome extension (right) has many of the functionalities of the ProsperWorks web app (left):
Your records management and tracked emails pages have a different layout in the Chrome extension, but you can do nearly all the same things you would in the ProsperWorks web app. Let's look at the example of the Leads tab in the Chrome extension:
Leads List - Yes, the list of leads in the page lacks the columns of information you'll find in the web app. That's due to the limited amount of space the extension has to work with. Still, you can click the name of a lead and see all the information stored in their ProsperWorks profile, just like you would in the web app, so no information is inaccessible in the end. Hovering over an email sender's name or opening the email will open their ProsperWorks profile in the Chrome extension automatically.
Filter - Just like the Leads landing page in the web app, you can click the drop-down in the upper left to filter the page by a segment of leads or click the funnel in the upper right to create new filter criteria.
Plus Sign - Just like the Leads landing page in the web app, you can click the plus sign to add a new record (lead, person, company, opportunity, project or task).
Search - Just like the Leads landing page in the web app, you can click the magnifying glass across the top of the app to search all records, and you can click the magnifying glass in the Leads landing page to search just leads.
The tracked emails feature (Professional and Business) in the Chrome extension also functions the same as it does in the web app. You can view all tracked emails vs. open tracked emails by adjusting the in-page tabs across the top.
In the image at the left, you'll see a list of recent emails you've tracked. Hover over the envelope icon to see all activity for the email, or click the lock to adjust visibility settings within ProsperWorks.
In the image on the right, we see what it looks like when you click the drop-down icon in an email to expand and see its contents, right from the add-on.
The Chrome extension lets you do things the web app doesn't:
- You can filter your Gmail inbox for just emails sent by the lead or person you're viewing in the Chrome extension. To access this setting, click the three vertical dots in the upper right of the lead or person record in the Chrome extension:
- You can relate a single email to any ProsperWorks record with an activity log, even if the email address isn't directly associated with that record. This is only available on the Chrome extension for Gmail, not the Chrome extension for Inbox:
- As you see in the image above, you can also click the ProsperWorks icon in the upper right of an email to set a reminder to respond. This reminder will appear as a browser notification at the time you specify. This is also only available on the Chrome extension for Gmail, not the Chrome extension for Inbox.
The web app lets you do things the Chrome extension doesn't:
- You can review your pipeline in the web app. (The Chrome extension lets you adjust the pipeline stage on a single opportunity record, but you can't get a visual of your entire pipeline in the extension).
- You can adjust your account settings in the web app.
- You can view the dashboards and reports to measure your success in the web app.
I assume you've clicked this article because you work in a Chrome browser. If that's not the case, you can check out our Gmail Add-on for other browsers. It's more limited than the Chrome extension, but may still help you out for basic contact management in Gmail. To compare the ProsperWorks web app, chrome extension and add-on, click here.
The first question you'll want to ask yourself when evaluating the Chrome Extension is: Where do you work from?
- If your team spends a majority of their day working from Gmail, the Chrome Extension is a great fit.
- If your team prefers to work in the ProsperWorks web app, you may not need the Chrome Extension.
If you're leaning toward working from the Chrome Extension, there are a few more questions to ask yourself:
Does your team use a pipeline?
- If yes, you will need to use the ProsperWorks web app to visualize your entire pipeline in one place. The most you can do in the Chrome extension is adjust the pipeline stage on an opportunity record.
Does your team need to see dashboards or in-app reporting?
- If yes, you will need to use the ProsperWorks web app to see those tools.
Do you want to receive browser notifications when an email recipient opens their email from you?
- If yes, you'll want to use email tracking via the Chrome extension.
You can install the ProsperWorks Chrome Extension for Gmail in the Chrome Web Store.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.