When you sign up for ProsperWorks with your Gmail account, the Gmail sync is activated to help you keep track of your Gmail communications with contacts in ProsperWorks.
In this module, we'll tackle the following:
Once you sign up for ProsperWorks with your Gmail address, two things will start to happen:
- ProsperWorks will suggest new contacts based on people you've emailed using Gmail. You can convert a suggested contact into a person record in the ProsperWorks web app. (To convert a suggested contact into a lead record instead, you must install the Chrome Extension for Gmail).
- Once a lead or person record is created in ProsperWorks, we'll sync all gmail correspondence with that lead or person to ProsperWorks. That way you can keep track of the emails you've exchanged alongside phone calls, meetings, and other activities in the activity log. To learn more about who can see these emails, check out our article on email visibility permissions.
If you want to import suggested contacts and associate emails to existing contacts in ProsperWorks, Gmail is the email client you should be using. For many reasons, managing your business with Google apps will enhance your ProsperWorks experience and vice versa.
If you'd prefer to use a different email client, like Outlook, you can still associate your emails to ProsperWorks records by adding your 'ProsperWorks mailbox address' in the BCC field of any email you want to associate.
Google sync is activated as soon as you create a ProsperWorks account with a Gmail address. To access and adjust your settings, follow the steps below:
1. Sign into your ProsperWorks account, and click the 'Settings' link from the left-hand menu.
2. Click 'Email Settings' under 'Preferences.'
3. Under the 'Preferences' in-page tab, the first white box in the page presents you with an 'Email Preference' drop-down menu.
- If you select 'Send and Reply from ProsperWorks,' you're telling the system you prefer to work on emails in the ProsperWorks web app. This selection is required if you want to use features like bulk send and email templates. Once you make this selection from the drop-down, you'll need to decide if you want to mark synced emails public by default, and if you want your Gmail signature to apply when you send an email from ProsperWorks:
- If you select 'Email links open in Gmail,' you're telling the system you prefer to work on emails in Gmail. You'll need to decide if you want to mark synced emails public by default, and if you want your ProsperWorks email address to be BCC'd on the communications:
- Sign into your ProsperWorks account, and click 'Dashboard' from the left-hand menu.
- Review the 'Suggested Contacts' section and click the blue 'Add' button to the right of any contact you'd like to add:
- In the popup window that appears, you can create a person record with the suggested contact's information. If you instead want to create leads from your suggested contacts, you must install the Chrome Extension for Gmail.
If you use Chrome as your web browser and you'd prefer to work out of Gmail, you embed ProsperWorks functionality in Gmail using Chrome Extension for Gmail. If you instead use a different browser, or if you prefer to use Gmail on your Android phone, you can use our Add-on for Gmail. The Add-on is limited - it's a contact management tool at present - but it still lets you work from Gmail rather than ProsperWorks for some aspects of your workflow. Not sure which way to go? Compare the web app, extension and add-on.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.