The 'Source' field on your lead or opportunity records lets you know how your business learned about the lead or opportunity. You can then report on the value of your strong and weak sources for active deals in the 'Pipeline by Source' reports and closed deals in the 'Sales by Source' report.
By default, we give you 'Advertising,' 'Cold Call,' and 'Email' as sources to select. You can also customize your own additions to the 'Source' drop-down menu.
If you create an opportunity in the process of lead conversion, the source field on the opportunity is populated with whatever was filled out in the source field on the lead. If you convert a lead without creating an opportunity in the process, the lead's 'Source' field data will be lost.
There is no 'Source' field on a person or company record, so if you create an opportunity from scratch that's related or unrelated to a person or company record, you'll want to fill in the source field manually.
Adjust the source for an opportunity
- Sign into your ProsperWorks account, and click 'Opportunities' in the left-hand menu.
- Click the opportunity you want to adjust the source for.
- In the left-hand column of the opportunity profile, scroll down to the 'Source' menu.
- Select the source you want to associate with this record. Your changes will auto-save.
Create custom sources
- Sign into your ProsperWorks account, and click 'Settings' from the left-hand menu.
- Click 'Sources' under 'Customize ProsperWorks.'
- Click the blue 'Add new source' button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Give your source a name, and click 'Save.'
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.