When you create a lead, person, company, opportunity, project or task in ProsperWorks, you're presented with fields to fill out to give that record more meaning and context within your workflow. While the default fields are intended for the average ProsperWorks use case, we know your business is unique, and so is the data you need to collect. That's why we also give admins the option to customize your default fields and add new custom fields to your records.
In this module, we'll tackle the following
When you open the template for creating a new record in ProsperWorks, you'll see all the default fields you can fill out to give that record context to your business. To review these default fields, check out our articles on default fields for leads, for people, for companies, for opportunities, for projects and for tasks.
Need to collect and store data about your records that's unique to your workflow? Just create a custom field. (You must be an admin to do so).
Before you create custom fields or customize your existing fields, be sure to consider the following:
- Do you intend to import data from another CRM? Check out our importing article to ensure your fields are on track for a success.
- What reports do you intend to create for each record type to measure success? Our Custom Report Builder lets you report on default and custom fields:
- Write these down, then write down the custom fields that can help capture and store the data needed to create these reports.
- If there are fields that are very important to your KPIs and goals, write those down so you can make them required later.
- Sign into your ProsperWorks account, and click 'Settings' from the left-hand menu.
- Select 'Detail Field Order' from the 'Customize ProsperWorks' section.
- Across the top of the page, you can select the record type you want to reorder fields for:
4. Down the center of the page, you'll see the default and custom fields for the record, listed in the order they're displayed on the record. To rearrange a field, just click and drag, then release where you want it to sit. Note that some fields will have a lock at the left-hand side, indicating they cannot be reordered:
5. To make a field inactive, click and drag the field to the right into the gray box that says 'Drop field to make inactive':
- Sign into your ProsperWorks account, and select 'Settings' from the left-hand menu.
- Click 'Field Rules' from the 'Customize ProsperWorks' section.
- Across the top of the page, you can select the record type you want to view fields for:
4. Below the record type you've selected, you'll see each field that will be displayed. To the right of eligible fields, you'll see a drop-down menu that lets you choose between the field rules 'None' (not required) and 'Required on Create' (required on new records, but not records that were created prior to the rule). Your changes will auto-save:
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.