We have a native integration with Dropbox that lets each user can save files from their own Dropbox account to a record (lead, person, company, opportunity, project or task.)
In this module, we'll tackle the following:
Users can upload Dropbox files to the 'Files' section of a record:
When you add a new user in Settings > Company Users, you can check a box to let them upload files from their own Dropbox account:
There are a few things to consider about the Dropbox integration:
What email client are you using with ProsperWorks?
- If Gmail, the Google Drive integration might be easier to work with because 1) You can upload both individual files and entire folders and 2) Google Drive docs are living docs that can be updated whereas Dropbox files are already saved as something not living, like a PDF.
- If a third party email client, the Dropbox integration is the only native integration for associating files to records. If you need to do this, the Dropbox integration is right for you!
You must create a Dropbox account before you can use the integration. When your Dropbox account is set up, follow the steps below:
- Sign into your ProsperWorks account, and click the record type you'd like to associate your file to from the left-hand menu.
- Click the name of the individual record you'd like to associate the file to from the records landing page list.
- On the right side of the record, locate the 'Files' section. Click the plus sign to the right of 'Files.'
- Select 'Link to Dropbox' from the drop-down menu:
5. If ProsperWorks doesn't yet know your DropBox account, you'll be taken to a Dropbox login screen. Enter your Dropbox username and password; check the box to 'Remember me;' and click 'Sign in.'
6. Check the box for the file you'd like to upload from Dropbox, and click 'Choose.' Note you cannot upload a file folder; only a file:
7. Your file will now be associated with the record!