When you create a lead, person, company, opportunity, project or task in ProsperWorks, you're presented with fields to fill out to give that record more meaning and context within your workflow. While the default fields are intended for the average ProsperWorks use case, we know your business is unique, and so is the data you need to collect. That's why we also give admins the option to add new custom fields to your records.
In this module, we'll tackle the following:
Need to collect and store data about your records that's unique to your workflow? Just create a custom field. (You must be an admin to do so). The graph below shows the field types you can create:
|Text Field||Short word or phrase||250|
|Text Area||Longer paragraph||1,000|
|Dropdown||Menu with multiple possible selections. Only one selection can be made at a time||255 for each field|
|Date||Lets you choose a date from a calendar. Displays the date in MM/DD/YY format.||MM/DD/YY|
|Checkbox||Checked for yes, unchecked for no|
|Number Field||Only numbers can be entered||20|
|Currency||You enter a monetary amount, which is associated to the currency you've specified throughout the system.||20|
|Multi-Select Dropdown||Menu with multiple possible selections. More than one selection can be made at a time.|
|Tags||Keywords that can be used to associate records|
Before you create custom fields or customize your existing fields, be sure to consider the following:
- Do you intend to import data from another CRM? Check out our importing article to ensure your fields are on track for a success.
- What reports do you intend to create for each record type to measure success? Write these down, then write down the custom fields that can help capture and store the data needed to create these reports.
- Sign into your ProsperWorks account, and click 'Settings' from the left-hand menu.
- Select 'Custom Fields' from the 'Customize ProsperWorks' section.
- Click the blue 'Add custom field' button in the upper right.
- You'll see this box appear:
- Give the field a label. This is the name that will identify the field on the record.
- Select the 'Field Type' from the pull-down menu.
- Check boxes to choose which record types the field will be available on.
- Click 'Save.'