How do I auto-log text messages (SMS) in my Android mobile app? I want to see them in the activity logs.
The auto-log text messages (SMS) feature, available on Android Beta, will now automatically log your text messages with contacts in ProsperWorks. Any text you send or receive on your Android device is logged, as long as the ProsperWorks app is installed and the the phone number is associated to a record in ProsperWorks.
(This feature is not currently available for the iOS version of our app.)
You'll start by creating a custom field called 'Text Message' (you will only need to do this for the Beta version):
- On the ProsperWorks website, go to Settings, and then Activity Types.
- Create a custom activity type labeled 'Text Message.'
Then, enable Auto-log Text Messages (SMS) in ProsperWorks on your Android device.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the Android app.
- Open up your ProsperWorks app, and log in.
- Click the 'More' link in the bottom navigation bar:
- Select 'Text Message'
- Enable 'Text Message Tracking'
- Accept the required permissions.
Now that you've activated the feature, any text messages sent to or received by any contact in ProsperWorks from your Android device will be automatically logged!
There are a few important notes about this feature:
- Auto-logging text messages (SMS) does not currently work with third party VoIP services such as Google Voice, RingCentral or Dialpad.
- If you need an iOS solution, JustCall built an integration with us and ProsperWorks users. Click here to get a 20% discount.
You may need to troubleshoot this feature. We have some tips for you below:
If you're unable to see any outgoing or incoming text messages (SMS) logged automatically, take the following steps to troubleshoot:
- Make sure you follow the correct steps to enable Auto-text message (SMS) logging.
- Install any updates from the Play Store.
- Log out of your Google account, and log in again. Then restart the mobile app.
- Make sure you have all the required mobile app permissions. Go to your device Settings > Applications > Application Manager> ProsperWorks > App Permissions (the location of this screen may vary according to device or OS version). You want to make sure your settings look like this:
- Make sure the outgoing or incoming phone number exists in ProsperWorks. A quick way to check this is by doing a global search on the phone number in the ProsperWorks app.
If no such contact exists, then that would explain why there was no text message logged. Add the phone number to the appropriate contact (or create a new contact) in ProsperWorks and try texting again.
- Make sure the outgoing or incoming text (SMS) number and name are identical to the one saved in your ProsperWorks contact.
- Sometimes network latency or connectivity issues may result in the text log taking a while to appear. Try doing a manual pull-to-refresh in the contact’s Activity details to see if the log appears.
- If none of the above steps work, please contact Customer Support here.
Still have questions?
Still have questions? Ask in our Community, and get answers from our Customer Success Team as well as fellow users.